Creating redirects to simplify URLs is very helpful to your users and sometimes essential when you want to publish a link in print. Luckily, you can create redirects such as statenews.com/foo redirecting to statenews.com/article/something-here very easily using Gryphon.
Creating a redirect
(must have access to settings in Gryphon)
- Go to Settings > URL Redirects
- Choose New Redirect
- For the 'in path' choose what you want your shortcut to be. For example, statenews.com/foo the 'in path' is 'foo'
- Note: You can't manually create redirects whose 'in path' starts with the words "article", "section", "media", "mutimedia" or "gallery". For those, you'll have to contact support - or just use a synonym!
- For the 'out path' enter the url you want to be the destination. This can be a relative path e.g. 'article/something-here' or goto another site using a full url e.g. http://www.google.com.
- Hit save and wait a few minutes for the redirect to update in the database. (This should take no more than 5 minutes.)