Google DFP allows for serving various types of rich media ads, including pop-up ads.
- Decide on the ad size. Currently (as of 3/23/15), IAB recommends either a 300x250 or 550x480 pixel ad.
- Decide which pages you want the ad to show up on.
- Create an ad spot in DFP that is 1x1 pixels. (We can do this for you.)
- Contact us to code the new ad spot on the site. We'll need the 1x1 ad tag code that you have created.
Scheduling the ad in DFP:
- Create the Order like normal
- Create the Line Item like normal with a creative size of 1x1.
- You'll want to adjust the Frequency so users aren't hit with the pop-up on every page.
- Uploading the creative is a little different:
- Choose user-defined template, then pop up ad.
- Click Continue
- Fill in the fields like normal on this next screen. The two required fields are: uploading your image and setting the clickthrough URL. Note: DFP sets a maximum file size limit of 1 MB.
- Save and Approve the Order like normal.